We work very closely with parents and believe that the quality of the interaction between home and school has a significant effect on a child’s performance. All parents and friends are welcome to attend our Friday morning assemblies. These are occasions when you can learn about what is going on in school. You will receive letters regularly from school via ParentMail with information about assemblies, liturgies, etc.
Some parents like to help out in the classroom and we value their contribution to school life. Parents also help children choose library books, do gardening, help with reading or art work.
Consultation evenings are held twice during the year. This is an opportunity for you to meet the teacher and discuss your child’s progress. These evenings are for parents and teachers only. An Open Evening is held in the Summer term when your child may accompany you to school and show you the work in all the classrooms. Parents receive a written report on their child’s progress in the Spring term (Reception & Year 1) or the Summer term (Nursery & Year 2).
We promise to …
- Encourage your child to grow spiritually, academically and socially to do their best at all times to reach their potential
- Provide curriculum information regularly for parents
- Arrange parent/teacher consultations and inform you of your child’s progress
- Inform you if there are concerns about your child’s work or behaviour
- Keep you informed about school activities through regular newsletters and welcome your involvement in the life of the school
Parents & Carers promise to …
- Support the Christian values of the school community
- Ensure my child attends school regularly with appropriate uniform and equipment
- Ensure my child arrives punctually and is collected on time
- Support my child in home learning and return homework to school on time
- Attend parent teacher consultations
- Let the school know of any concerns or problems which may affect my child’s work or behaviour
- Support the school’s aims and encourage my child to keep the school rules
Children promise to …
- Make sure I have everything I need for school
- Behave safely
- Respect others by being kind, polite, friendly and helpful
- Look after our school and everything in it
- Always do my best