Every child deserves a champion, an adult who will never give up on them, who understands the power of connection, and insists that they become the best that they can possibly be.
SPECIAL EDUCATIONAL NEEDS OR DISABILITIES
The school Special Educational Needs and/or Disabilities Coordinator (SENDCo) is Mrs Charlene Smith. If you have any concerns of questions regarding your child’s specific needs, please contact Mrs Smith via the school office email email@example.com or calling the school office.
At St. Alban & St. Stephen Catholic Primary School & Nursery we aim to facilitate maximum learning for all children whatever their age, ability, gender, race or background. It is our aim to provide a balanced curriculum for all, by differentiation and support. We will strive to involve parents and pupils in the decision making process and draw upon the advice of external agencies to provide the best support for children with SEND.
Our expectation is that children and young people with SEND will receive an education that enables them to make progress so that they:
- achieve their best;
- become confident individuals living fulfilling lives;
- make a successful transition into adulthood, whether into employment, further or higher education or training.
At St. Alban & St. Stephen, every teacher is a teacher of SEND. Our provision is enhanced by the collaboration of teachers, senior leaders, the SENCo, support staff, external agencies, parents and, most importantly, the children.
Pupils with SEND are:
- included in all aspects of the school day;
- provided with high-quality teaching adapted to meet their needs;
- shown respect and have their views acknowledged.
Pupils with SEND may:
- have specific 1:1 or group support to support them accessing different areas of the curriculum;
- have interventions outside of the classroom to provided targeted support for specific areas of needs;
- receive additional support from external specialist such as a Speech and Language Therapist, Educational Psychologist, Occupational Therapist, Social, CAMHS and specialist provision outreach services.